First round: Solo piece of your choice
The repertoire for the first round is a solo piece of your own choice that is 5 to 10 minutes long. We won’t provide a pianist, but accompanied pieces or concerto movements can be performed solo.
Applicants will audition individually in front of a panel of Baltic Sea Philharmonic principal musicians and conductor Kristjan Järvi. Kristjan and the principals will decide together which applicants have the talent and the personality to thrive in the orchestra.
Second round: joint orchestra rehearsal
Musicians who successfully complete the first round will be invited to play in a joint orchestra rehearsal for the ‘Midnight Sun’ tour of the Baltic Sea Philharmonic in June 2019 with the following repertoire:
- Einojuhani Rautavaara: Cantus Arcticus Op. 61
- Kristjan Järvi: Aurora for violin and orchestra
- Arvo Pärt: Fratres for violin, percussion and string orchestra
- Pēteris Vasks: Vientulais Engelis (Lonely Angel) Meditation for violin and string orchestra
- Max Richter: Dona Nobis Pacem
- Igor Stravinsky: The Firebird (1945)
The Baltic Sea Philharmonic Talent Tour 2019 will be held as open auditions. All interested musicians are therefore invited to listen to the first-round auditions and joint orchestra rehearsals, even if they themselves are not auditioning.