First round: application form and video
Create a video at home or in your music academy using a webcam, the camera on your phone or tablet, or a digital camera. Upload it to a file sharing site and post the link to your application form, and we will review it together as a jury. Your video should contain:
- Intro: Present yourself in 30 seconds – Who are you? And why do you want to join the Baltic Sea Philharmonic?
- Repertoire* for your instrument (List as a PDF can be found here and the scores can be found here)
*Note: this repertoire is for auditioning purposes only and does not reflect the current repertoire or musical direction of the Baltic Sea Philharmonic
In addition, please follow these guidelines:
- Your video should be played without accompaniment.
- Please submit one video only (you may edit sections together). If you want to feature an instrument doubling (e.g. piccolo), please include this in your video.
- Use a smartphone, tablet or laptop that can record high-quality sound and video.
- If you use a laptop, use a microphone to record the audio – the sound from your computer’s fan is loud!
- Record in landscape mode!
- Make the video during the daytime, but be sure to avoid backlighting from windows (this makes your face look dark).
- Make sure the room is quiet and free of background noise.
- Make sure both you and your instrument are in the frame and that your playing is visible.
- Do a test video first, this way you will get the best result!
Second round: live video conference with the jury
Musicians who successfully complete the first round will be invited to play live for our jury – comprised of our principal musicians – through digital conferencing software. You will be given a time slot upon invitation. Open the link to the room and be ready to play as soon as you are called.